PEC is an international technology supplier with a local presence in Europe (Belgium, Germany, Hungary), the United States, China, Korea and Japan.
In our Energy Storage Division, PEC employees are working on the technology and equipment to develop and manufacture tomorrow’s renewable energy sources.
As a member of the Production team, the Design for Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all products from R&D Engineering have been optimised for manufacture and the relevant manufacturing documentation is created and maintained.
• The DFM Engineer will work closely with lead engineers within the R&D Group to ensure that design for manufacturability is considered during the design process.
• Work on the localisation of materials and parts so the parts and materials can be effectively sourced and bought in China.
• Ensure designs are optimised and adjusted for ease of assembly without compromising the overall quality and functionality of the final product.
• Detailed understand of manufacturing processes of raw materials such as; Sheet Metal Forming, Laser Cutting, Machining, and Injection Moulding to ensure parts are suitable for manufacturing.
• Working with Supply Chain to ensure technical requirements are clearly communicated to suppliers and also dealing with any technical issues suppliers might have.
• Working with Quality make sure critical dimensions, features and assembly checks are conducted and understood.
• Working on Prototype assembly and documenting findings
• Creating Work Instructions for Production when the product is moved over into mass production.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Systematic work approach, working in an accurate and structured way
• Problem solver with an analytic and inquisitive mind
• Proactive approach
• Extremely Practical and Hands on
• Knowledge and ability with AutoCAD or similar 3D Package is a must
• Strong communicator, with a good knowledge of English
• A challenging job in an international, rapidly growing and highly technological working environment with the possibility to build an exciting career
• The opportunity to take your own initiative and to develop your skills
• A competitive salary package.
For a fast and efficient processing of your application, we strongly recommend you to apply online (click the apply button).
PEC Asia Pacific
PEC Test and Manufacturing Equipment (Shanghai) Co, Ltd
Block 2, Ground floor, JiHong Rd. 58
MinHang Zone, Shanghai, Zip Code: 201107
|Job Category||Engineering & Product Development|